Making a real impact
Our mission is to empower young people to create their futures by embracing their engineering mindset and diversity of thought to solve the world’s greatest challenges.
We do this by running one-day events for Year 9 and 10 high school students (prior to subject selection) demonstrating that they have the power to change the world through engineering.
- 6,800+ High school students have participated in our one-day programs in 400+ Schools across Australia
- 94% of students surveyed are satisfied or very satisfied with our events
- 80% of students would consider a career in engineering after attending a Power of Engineering event
- 77% of students who would not have otherwise considered an engineering career changed their mind after attending an event!
We have also been working to change perceptions of the wider community:
- 70+ Media features including ABC News, Totally Wild, Sky News Australia, Australian Financial Review and more
Changing the numbers
Adelle and Amy attended our events as high school students in 2012, and following the event, chose to pursue a career in engineering. In 2016, as QUT BEng students, they volunteered at our Brisbane events for the second year running.
Amy says she volunteers because ‘if I can encourage just one girl, to consider engineering a bit more would be awesome.‘
Adelle said ‘I’m really excited to volunteer because I went to a Power of Engineering event and it helped me understand what engineering was, so I’m excited to be able to help other girls with that as well.’
ALignment with UN Sustainable development goals
Growing our impact would not be possible without our partners.